Christ said “My sheep hear my voice”. He’s not kidding, it is possible to hear His voice. A very dear Moslem friend of mine, who I shall call “Ishmael”, asked me how I could hear God’s voice. Are you wondering the same thing?
I assure you it is possible to know God, and speak with Him, but its up to you to initiate the conversation. He is waiting for you.
Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. Matthew 7:7
Make sure you’re going to the right God, I can’t stress this enough. Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. 2 Corinthians 11:14 There is only one way to God. You have to approach God through Jesus. This is not me saying it, this is what Jesus said. Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” John 14:6.
This is how you can hear His voice:
1) Believe that Jesus died to save you, and ask Him to be your Lord. “If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.” Romans 10:9-10
Someone once said to me “It can’t be that easy!” Yes it is! God wants to save us. It should be called “Salvation for dummies!”
Turn away from sin, find a small, Bible believing Church, and ask to be baptised with water and the Holy Spirit. If you are in a country where you can’t do this openly, ask Jesus to save you and give you the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is given freely to those you ask.
“Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead? Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!” Luke 11:11
2) Read the Bible. “Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word.” Romans 10:17
3) Record any meaningful, “non-pizza” dreams. “‘In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.” Acts 2:17
4) Take note of signs and coincidences, and record them in a journal.
5) Be a seeker of the truth, not of the doctrines of men. Make sure that what you are taught agrees with what is written in the Bible.
“Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.” Acts 17:11
Let me know if you do this, so I can pray for you or answer any questions you may have.